How To Remove Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are scars that are formed due to sudden changes in weight through dieting, exercise or pregnancy. They tend to develop on the breasts, buttocks, hips, abdomen and the arms. It is the overstretching of the skin that disrupts the production of the major protein collagen, thus resulting in scars called stretch marks. These marks are also seen to occur during puberty in both girls and boys.
Causes of Stretch Marks
• Heredity- some skin types are prone to inherit marks.
• Body weight- excessive weight gain or weight loss
• Skin- dry skin is less elastic than well moisturized skin
• Pregnancy- due to weight gain
• Prolonged disease condition and chemical based medication
• Unbalanced diet that is poor in minerals and vitamins
Stretch Mark Removal
Some people find it a social embarrassment and search for ways to remove stretch marks. Many others resign to them. Don’t resign to your stretch marks. There is much you can do to reduce them. Here are some ways to remove stretch marks.
• Laser treatment- laser surgery to remove stretch marks has today become an increasingly popular method. Better technological advancements have proved to be a boon for people. Today a person requires just 2-3 sessions per week for a period of 1-2 months. This treatment helps to remove stretch marks.
• Other surgical treatments include dermabrasion, chemical peeling.
Home remedies to remove stretch marks are as given below-
• Rubbing warm olive oil on hips and abdomen to improve blood circulation
• Use of calendula and lavender oil will reduce stretch marks and also improve blood circulation
• Use mix of 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil with calendula oil
• Use of castor oil on stomach and hips
• Mix of chamomile oil and lavender oil
• Massage with cod liver oil
• Use of Vitamin C rich creams
Tips To Remove Stretch Marks
There are many ways to remove stretch marks. Better still, you can prevent them. Given below are some tips.
• Drink loads of water. Intake of water can help in reducing the formation of these marks
• Taking a healthy and balanced diet that includes greens and fruits like cabbage, carrots, oranges, apple, papaya etc
• Drink fruit juices and avoid caffeine
• Have vitamin C, E, protein, zinc rich foods, fish, flaxseeds and dairy products
• Exercise daily as it tones muscles. This is good way to remove stretch marks after pregnancy.
• Use egg white to provide proteins to the skin
• Avoid exposure to the sun
• Maintain a well maintained and healthy body
- How To Fade Stretch Marks
- What Treatments are Available to Remove Stretch Marks
- How Can a Cream Remove and or Reduce Stretch Marks?